SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Mineral Sunscreen
Safeguard + Support
Safeguard + Support
- A sun-specific blend of antioxidant desert botanicals nourishes the skin
- 20% non-nano zinc oxide
- Independently verified 40 minutes of water resistance
- Sunflower & Pomegranate seed oils + Aloe Vera
Taos AER Product Guarantee:
- 100% Naturally derived ingredients
- Free of Oxybenzone and other reef bleaching chemicals
- 100% Ocean Safe
- Formulated without parabens or synthetic fragrances
- Vegan & Cruelty-free
ABOUT TAOS AER
Born in the high desert of Taos, New Mexico, Taos AER is inspired by the wild beauty and natural elements that are native to this unique region. From the botanical ingredients we use to how we test our high-performance products — those daytime desert hikes will definitely prove a sunscreen’s UV-protective power — Taos AER looks to nature to create sophisticated, plant-based beauty essentials. Our collection of waterless, sensorially beautiful, responsibly made personal care products support your skin, your well-being, and the planet.
When we say clean, we mean clean — Taos AER Mineral Sunscreen is vegan and formulated without parabens, gluten, petroleum, or synthetic fragrances.
Our clean, non-nano mineral sunblock is ocean safe and free of reef-bleaching chemicals. As for that enticing green aroma? We’ve created a light signature scent inspired by a walk in the woods. All Taos AER scents are 100% natural and essential oil based.
What goes into creating a sunscreen like no other? Only the cleanest, hardest-working natural ingredients on the planet. We took out all the things that aren’t great for you or the environment and replaced them with high-performance plants and minerals. That means no parabens, gluten, petroleum, or synthetic fragrances. We also use non-nano zinc oxide, which is both ocean and reef safe.
Every ingredient in the Taos Aer Mineral Sunscreen has a purpose — some even pull double duty. Plant oils like sunflower and pomegranate provide hydration and nourishment, while also creating a physical barrier on the skin. This is our natural approach to water resistance. The zinc in our formula is designed to have an invisible, dry finish so you don’t have to worry about a greasy feel or a chalky appearance.
As for the scent, we brought a little bit of our home to yours with an essential oil blend that transports you to a trek through the Rocky Mountains. They blend to create a harmonious unisex fragrance that is subtle, fresh, and doesn’t overstay its welcome.
HOW TO USE
For full protection, apply liberally to skin 15 minutes before sun exposure. During sun exposure, reapply: After 40 minutes of swimming or sweating, immediately after towel drying, and at least every two hours.
Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging.
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20%
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Dicapryl Carbonate, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Glycerin, Shea Butter Cetyl Esters, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Diglycerin, Pinus Pinaster (Cluster Pine) Bark Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Phenethyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Propanediol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice Powder, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Lauroyl Lysine, Vetiveria Zizanoides (Vetiver) Root Oil, Juniperus Virginiana (Cedar) Wood Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Limonene-d, Linalool
- RDRoxanne D.Verified ReviewerWhat is your age range? 40sClimate All the seasons9/26/22What is your age range? 40sClimate All the seasonsRated 5 starsLove this sunscreen for so many reasons.
This is the first clean sunscreen I've ever tried and I'm never going back to the chemical variety. This product is effective AND safe, smells nice, and doesn't leave a white cast. It does require a couple extra minutes to apply because of the thicker consistency, but I'm willing to do that to protect my skin with a CLEAN product.How important is clean living to you?Rated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- MMcCauleyWhat is the climate like where you live? All the seasons9/7/22What is the climate like where you live? All the seasonsRated 5 starsLove this product!
Love this product so much! It smells great, clean ingredients and lasts all day. Most zinc based sunscreens I’ve tried leave a white cast on my skin but this one absorbs really well! I will definitely be buying more of this for next summer!
- APAlex P.What is the climate like where you live? Hot humid summers and mild winters9/1/22What is the climate like where you live? Hot humid summers and mild wintersRated 5 starsHigh quality sunscreen
Brought this on a recent trip to Puerto Rico, it was a lifesaver. Worked really well, blended in nicely and lasted. It also smells great!
- AAndyWhat is the climate like where you live? All the seasons8/20/22What is the climate like where you live? All the seasonsRated 5 starsReally Long Lasting
No heavy sunscreen smell and the reapplication was minimal during my 8 hour days on construction sites. I could see a faint white cast at first but it absorbed completely after working it well into my skin.
- LLarisaWhat is the climate like where you live? All the seasons8/12/22What is the climate like where you live? All the seasonsRated 5 starsGood mineral sunscreen
This sunscreen is light, goes on smooth, and lasts a long time. Really good mineral sunscreen, would be even better with higher SPF coverage